Use achievement data to:
- Observe shifts in entering achievement for different groups of students over the years
- Identify patterns of effectiveness with students at differing levels of entering achievement
- Support vertical conversations with feeder schools or teachers of prerequisite courses
The table below gives general information about the achievement columns and links to more in-depth information.
|Column Name||Glossary Definition||Where to Find More Information|
|Entering Achievement and Exiting Achievement|
Depending on the assessment, achievement is reported in Normal Curve Equivalents (NCEs) or scale scores.
- Entering achievement is either the average of the students' NCEs from the most recent prior year available or the average of the students' expected scale scores.
- Exiting achievement is either the average of the students' current year NCEs or the average of the students' actual scale scores.
|Understanding Entering Achievement and Exiting Achievement|